For over 130 years, the Chautauqua Institution has provided opportunities to enrich the mind, body and spirit. Chautauqua Health & Fitness continues the tradition. We are dedicated to helping you succeed, whatever your health and fitness goals: weight loss, increased flexibility, sports training, muscle toning, medical rehab, stress reduction, or general fitness and conditioning.
Our supportive staff will help evaluate your fitness level, suggest an appropriate exercise program, and keep you motivated. We'll also strive to be a valuable community resource on current health and fitness issues.
Chautauqua Health & Fitness has two locations: a full-service, year-round facility at the Turner Community Center on Route 394 and a smaller summer operation at Heinz Beach in Chautauqua Institution. Members of Chautauqua Health & Fitness have access to both facilities with their membership, but will need a gate pass to get to the one at Heinz Beach.
FEBRUARY MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL
Battle those winter blues!!! Purchase a discounted one-year membership for $320 (less than $27/month)! This special membership offer will be in effect from Feb. 21–Mar. 5, 2017. Membership will be valid from Feb. 21, 2017–Feb. 21, 2018. This is a non-transferable, individual membership that includes unlimited use of the pool and fitness center when they are open and a complimentary fitness orientation to get you going!
Call 716.357.6430 to purchase your membership.
CLOSED AT 10 A.M. ON SATURDAY, FEB. 25
We will close early at 10am on Saturday, Feb. 25th for the Kick Cabin Fever Indoor Triathlon event being held at our facility that day. To register for the event visit their website at kickcabinfever.com.
WINTER GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
Find your strong in 2017 with a group exercise class! Classes begin the week of January 9th and run for 9 weeks. Popular returning classes: Intermediate Pilates, A.M. Cycle, Only If You Tri Cycle, Water Exercise, Full-Body Madness and Impact! Essential Yoga is now one day a week! P.M. Cycle has moved to Tuesdays & Thursdays! Now enjoy Rush Hour two mornings a week!
- Register and pay for class(es) at the fitness center desk or by calling (716) 357-6430.
- We take attendance for classes at the fitness desk. Please check-in at desk before going to class.
- Each class will run for the first day. If we do not have the required number of pre-registrants purchase the full package by end of first day of class, it will be discontinued.
- There is a fee to use facility equipment or pool before or after group classes.
- We do not refund or credit missed classes.
TAI CHI MINISERIES
Feb. 1–22 | Wednesdays, 9:15–10:15 a.m.
$16 for Members | $32 for Non-Members
A series of graceful, flowing movements adapted from the ancient Chinese discipline of Sun-style Tai Chi, plus special warm-up, cool-down and breathing exercises. Tai Chi has been proven to improve balance, coordination, concentration, memory, range of motion, flexibility and much more. Opportunity will be provided to review the Tai Chi for Arthritis form for those who may have taken the class previously. Click here for registration form.
Personal Training: one hour or 30 min. sessions with a certified personal trainer.
Pilates Reformer or Mat Training: Pilates conditioning focuses on core stabilization and dynamic movement for improving strength, balance, flexibility and posture.
Small Group Training: share a closed 1 hour personal service session with friends for less!
Nutrition Consultations: get healthful weight loss advice, meal and snack ideas, substitutions, review your daily diet and set realistic goals, learn how to reset your metabolism!
Private Yoga Sessions: one hour sessions with a certified Yoga instructor.
Private Swim Lessons & Coaching: 30 min. sessions with an experienced instructor to work on introduction to water, basic water skills, and stroke development, technique or improvement.
See Winter 2017 Personal Services Brochure for more detailed information.
Chautauqua Health & Fitness :: Turner Community Center
Route 394, Chautauqua, NY 14722 | phone 716.357.6430
Open year round
- During the summer, no gate pass needed if coming from outside Chautauqua Institution.
- Treadmills, stairclimbers, elliptical, rowing machines, recumbent and upright bikes; most with built-in heart rate monitors.
- Personal television screens mounted in front of selected cardio pieces with full access to cable programming.
- Circuit of user-friendly strength-training machines, free weight equipment, multi-station cable crossover, self-spotting Max Rack®, Smith Machine, heavy bag, speed bag, and other accessory equipment.
- Fitness center memberships include complimentary use of the 25 yard indoor swimming pool (separate pool memberships available).
- Short, two-sided basketball court available for free to the community on a first come first serve basis (consult staff for schedule of availability).
- Fitness center orientations and general start-up programs are included with memberships of 1 month or longer.
- All members must be 14 years of age or older. Youth under 14, as part of a family membership, must be accompanied by a parent at all times throughout facility and may use selected equipment following an orientation with our staff.
- Personal services include private swim lessons, personal training and small group personal training.
- Group exercise classes offered during fall, winter and spring based on interest and availability of qualified instructors. For summer group exercise classes see Special Studies catalog or call (716) 357-6255.
- Locker rooms equipped with showers, day use and rental lockers.
- Membership includes use of facility at Heinz Beach a well (must have gate pass to access. See details below).
- Free, convenient parking.
- All memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.