How to Register
1. Register: A child is not enrolled until payment is received
|2017 Children's School Fees||2017 Dates (Monday - Friday)|
|Season||$785||Week 1||June 26 - 30|
|8 Weeks||$730||Week 2||July 3 - 7|
|7 Weeks||$680||Week 3||July 10 - 14|
|6 Weeks||$620||Week 4||July 17 - 21|
|5 Weeks||$535||Week 5||July 24 - 28|
|4 Weeks||$460||Week 6||July 31 - August 4|
|3 Weeks||$380||Week 7||August 7 - 11|
|2 Weeks||$275||Week 8||August 14 - 18|
|1 Week||$165||Week 9||August 21 - 25|
2. Download the Children's School Information and Student Information form.
The Children's School Form contains:
- General information about the program
- Registration information and instructions
- Required information form to complete and bring with you to Chautauqua
- If you have a request for your child to be in the same classroom as another child, please email Carol Collins email@example.com no later than 1 week prior to the child's start date
About the Program
Built in 1921, the Chautauqua Children's School pioneered the concept of nursery school education. Additions made in 1926, 1947 and 1969 were followed by a full renovation and expansion in 1994 to its present size and capacity.
Children's School is a developmental preschool for youth ages 3 to 5. The program includes a wide range of social, recreational and educational activities. Weekly themes often incorporate other Chautauqua programs in the areas of music, drama and art. A relationship with the Chautauqua community and its unique opportunities continue.
The program hours are Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- noon. The school has 6 classrooms with a maximum of 25-30 students in each. A typical day at Children's School includes:
- Developmental play
- Circle time (reading, singing)
- Activity centers (focusing on weekly theme)
- Special guest programs
- Snack time
- Outdoor play
- Each week offers a different theme in the Children's School curriculum. Guests or speakers often are included to share their special talents with the children.